Sunday, October 30, 2022

Updated Books and Board Games Tier Lists



Interesting things I find interesting:

Shadows of Self jumped up that high?? (It was previously in C tier). Yeah, I know, it surprised me too. I wrote about it a bit in a previous post, but, man, did I love my reread of Shadows of Self. So good.

Dawnshard was okay. Not sure why I didn't like it more.

So so excited for The Lost Metal.


Scythe is number 7?? Yeah, I know, it surprised me too. I love the game mechanically whole bunches, but I realized I simply have more fun playing the other games above it. 

Dominion is my number 1 again. It's been a while since it's been up there, but it deserves it. I love that game. I find each individual game a fascinating puzzle laid out before me. Dominion Online has really helped. It makes the game quicker, which is fantastic. I enjoy how I can see an active count of my opponent's points; it does spoil some of the suspense at the end of the game, but I feel like it adds suspense throughout the game as I try to race people out. I've also been really enjoying the Daily Dominion they offer. Dominion online is both on Steam and as an app; I highly recommend.

Spirit Island and Terraforming Mars make their first appearances. I love them both so so much.

Surprisingly, Spirit Island isn't even my favorite cooperative game. The Crew: Mission Deep Sea is just so good.

A few other games make their first appearances. Some stellar games too. Magic Maze and The Mind are absolute blasts to play. I just have so much fun (almost) every time I play them.

The Chameleon is fascinating to me, but I have a couple problems with the game that make it difficult to have a truly fun experience with it. You need a really good group to make the game work, and that's just difficult to find.


2 comments:

  1. Have you played Summoner Wars 2e yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's fantastic. The image in the tier list is of 2e to reflect that. I definitely prefer it over 1st edition and it caused it to move up a couple spots.

      Delete