Friday, April 22, 2022

My Winter 2022 Smash Ultimate Season Recap

 And so the next season of Smash Brothers Ultimate begins!


Last semester was a blast. I got to meet a ton of super cool people, make some solid friends, play a game I love a ton, and be involved in a competitive scene.


Few highlights from last season:

-Took a set off of Jake (4th best player in Rexburg. Also my practice partner and friend.)

-Took 3rd at a Not Blue Light Bash and prize-pooled for the first time (won $9).

-Destroyed my goal of making Top 8 once (I got top 8 four times).

-Won a Thug Finals bracket (random character, random stage, one stock, best of one, items on).

-Won a Blindfolded bracket (random character, stage with walls so you can't walk off, one stock, best of one, play purely based off sound).

-Took Top 10 in the Melee PGR somehow (actually, I'll tell you how: There were only 13 people to rank. I only had to beat out 3 people. It was still hilarious/awesome to see I was in a Melee Top 10 PGR though, haha).


There was also some disheartening times. Although I wanted to highlight one in particular because it's fantastic. 

I was playing my friend BowManny and this happened in game 3 (aka, whoever won this game, moved on in the tournament):

(for reference, I'm the Ivysaur)



I, surprisingly, am arguably top 10 this semester, and will be in the discussion for the top 10 PGR (although I already know I won't make it. I will be placed as 11th, 12th, or 13th).

My goal for this semester is to be top 10. It'll be tough, but I'm excited.


Below are the various tournaments and placements that I got this past semester. This is simply a copy paste from my list that appears on the far right. The ones that will be copied below will be removed from the list. Then, as this new semester/season moves forward, my new results will be placed there. My plan is to refresh this list every semester and then update it throughout the course of the next semester/season.

I'll presumably do a redo of the explanation of said list each semester as well since the tournament names and potentially other things change overtime.

Note: They are all still hyperlinks. If you wanted to look at any of the stuff, it is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment