Sunday, August 28, 2022

My Spring 2022 Smash Ultimate Season Recap

 2nd Semester of BYU-Idaho complete. 2nd Season of competitive Super Smash finished.


Such a good season.


Highlights from this season:

- Won a total of $119, which blows my mind. ($75 was from a single tournament that was sponsored, so that helped).

- Have a 0-10 record against Jake. (0-11 if you count when we fought in redemption bracket at the pre-local to Crown II). 

I faced Jake a lot, haha. More than anyone else this semester. And I lost to him every single time :) I'll get him next semester. Jake is my practice partner, but in theory that should help the both of us when we fight. We both know each other's habits super well. Jake's my GOAT.

- 3-0'd Bojangle's Roy. He proceeded to 3-0 me back with Falco. Twice. But regardless, I'm happy I got a set of Bojangles.

- Won my first ever tournament! (not counting the Fallon and High School tourneys). This, of course, meant that Jake and Naters weren't in attendance, but that doesn't mean my tournament win wasn't any a solid tournament win.

- Kept a clean 7-0 record against Carson, which lowkey might be the most impressive thing I've done this semester. Carson is really good and is definitely climbing in the ranks. He's consistently taken sets off everyone except the top 5 (but even then he's definitely gotten close against several of the top 5).

- Speaking of the top 5, I'm freakin' one of them!! I'm honestly super happy. My goal at the start of this semester was to be top 10. After a few tournaments of doing extremely well, I set an updated goal for myself; that new goal being to be top 5. And I achieved it :)

Here's the official Power Ranking graphic for this past semester (created by my brother Eric Perazzo):


Below are the various tournaments and placements that I got this past semester. This is simply a copy paste from my list that appears on the far right. The ones that will be copied below will be removed from the list. 

As the new semester/season moves forward, my new results will be placed there. My plan is to refresh this list every semester and then update it throughout the course of the next semester/season.

The list includes Crown and associated tournaments as well even though those didn't count toward the Rexburg Power Rankings.

Note: They are all still hyperlinks. If you wanted to look at any of the stuff, it is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment