Sunday, August 21, 2016

Seafall, School exists

Seafall instructional video is out made by Rodney Smith (I mean, who else would it be?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJjoxACoVuM
Haven't watched it yet, but I plan to watch it a couple times and read the rulebook while I wait for a time to play it.
But how are we going to play it? My brother Eric mentioned this in his blog post: Bingeing Seafall.
And, yea, they did get gobbled up quick at GenCon. There were only a few copies left by the time the pre-hour was up. (pre-hour isn't the official name, but you can buy a special ticket thing that let's you get in an hour before everyone else, so you can buy games and stuff). They only had very limited quantity, however, due to the fact that they had to fly them in. They made very little money on that first exposure of Seafall.
Anyway, Seafall is not something that should be binged (at least according to Rob Daviau (the designer). But the problem is Rob also suggested (I forget where) that Seafall is a game where you want a core group. In Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy it was okay if you had a person or two switch out every game or every other game. However in Seafall it's best if we get the same 3-5 people to play every single game. That is going to be very difficult to get around since we don't want to binge the games. If bingeing the games was good. We would just wait for a Christmas Break where My brothers and I were all at home at once and the play all the games over the course of a week or two. Anyway, we'll see what happens.
Also, school exists. And man is it scary. I'm taking Spanish 2, A.P. English, Video Production 2, Honors Algebra 2, World History, Honors Chemistry and A.P. Psychology.
My easier classes are: World History, Honors Algebra 2 and Video Production 2. That doesn't mean they don't have work and stuff, it's just the easier work out of my classes.
But what I'm really afraid of are the other four: Spanish 2, A.P. English, Honors Chemistry and A.P. Psychology. A.P. English + A.P. Psychology = a lot of notes. Spanish 2 + Honors Chemistry = a lot of studying.
We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment