Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Surprising Power of Ping Pong the Animation

You know, whenever I talk to people about Ping Pong The Animation, I always start off by explaining that it's not your typical sports anime.

And although that's true, I failed to realize just how true it really is until I rewatched it recently.

It was even better than I remember.


Perhaps because I'm older now, I've learned more about myself, experienced more things. Regardless of the reasons, Ping Pong The Animation really struck home this time around.

It really is a work of art.


It's so much more about other things rather than who's going to win. It focuses so much more on story-telling, character-development/character-arcs than it does on flashes action scenes.

The anime tackles so many deep topics in beautiful ways.

The topic of why we do the things we do. The topic of the pressure of always being on the top. The topic of Talent vs Hard Work. The topic of priorities -- work vs relationships, work vs fun. The topic of finding happiness.

The topic of being a good friend. Of being a hero.

And it does all of this in 11 episodes.

It astounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment