Sunday, May 12, 2024

A Mash of Half Ideas: Quote, Clancy, Hades 2, Moon Berry, Oathbringer, Yahtzee, Mother's Day

Got a lot of half ideas to talk about, so I'm just going to start talking about stuff and mash it all here.


Put a quote up at the top; my current plan is to just swap it out whenever I come across a quote that strikes me in the moment; we'll see what happens.


Clancy, the newest twenty one pilots album, is coming on May 24th, and I am so so excited. The sounds and vibes of the first three singles makes me so incredibly pumped for the album as a whole. I'll report back once it comes out. And, of course, eventually come back with a updated favorite twenty one pilots song tier list.


Hades 2 is in early access and I've already played it a fair amount, and it's an absolute blast. I'm going to slow down how much I play of it, though; I don't want to burn myself out/burn the content out before the game gets an ending/more flushed out content/balance changes etc. But it's very good.


As reported in the Recently Read/Watched/Played etc. list, I recently got the Moon Berry in Celeste, which makes me very happy. I've set the game down for now, but I might come back soon for some of the easier Golden Strawberries (no-death strawberries). Any of the harder Golden Strawberries, I'm not so sure about 😅


Also reported in said list, I just finished Oathbringer, which means I am waaay ahead of schedule for my Stormlight Archive re-readings preparing for Book 5. I originally laid out that I would listen to Oathbringer through the months of April to June, which (on 1.15x speed) is just over 30 minutes a day, which I felt was reasonable. I underestimated how many hours I could do things like playing Celeste/Balatro and listening to Oathbringer at the same time.

I'm planning on reading a few other things before diving into Rhythm of War, but we'll see what happens. (I'll for sure listen to Dawnshard first, ofc)

Also, side note: I was debating if I wanted to re-read Warbreaker as part of my prepare for Wind and Truth re-reads, and I am so glad I did. I'm pretty sure the first time I read Oathbringer I didn't connect the fact that a certain character is a certain character, hahaha 😬😅. I knew about the other certain character, but not the one I just referenced.


We're currently game 4 into our 20 game Yahtzee gameplan. I asked ChatGPT how many games it would take to mitigate the luck in Yahtzee and show who's the best; I asked it for a low estimate and a high estimate. It said 20 for low and 50 for high, so we started our trek and are 4 games in. I'm sure I'll report the results once we finish.


Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment