Sunday, August 25, 2024

My Current Celeste Accomplishments

So I've played a lot of Celeste in the past couple months. Many of the accomplishments felt too small to add to my Recently Read/Watched/Played Etc. list; it would be dominated by Celeste if I had done so. But I wanted to make note of them here; I am quite proud of them after all.

The updates revolve around Golden Strawberries and Speedrunning, both of which I am currently taking a break from, so I thought now would be a good time to report on it.


Previous Accomplishments:

So, as stated previously in other parts of my blog, I have 100%'d Celeste twice, once on the Switch and once on my PC. During my 100%'ing on my PC, I did full clears so I could also have the golden flags in my notebook. 

100%'ing includes doing all the A, B, and C Sides. Collecting all the red strawberries and hearts. And, the hardest of the achievements, beating Farewell and collecting the moonberry. (And a couple other random achievements)


Golden Strawberries:

Since then, I have gathered many golden strawberries which are listed below:


Chapter 1: A, B, and C Sides (alongside A-Side's winged strawberry)

Chapter 2: A, B, and C Sides

Chapter 3: A and C Sides

Chapter 4: A and C Sides

Chapter 5: A and C Sides

Chapter 6: C Side

Chapter 7: A and C Sides

Chapter 8: C Side


Current (First Page Of) Notebook:


Note: Steam has my total playtime for Celeste at 116.5 hours, the other 46.5 hours come from speedrunning and such. (Another Note: My time on Celeste on the Switch is about 70 hours (about 8 of which is 2 Guys 1 Controller (our playthrough before we recorded it, that is)))


Speedrunning:

I've also been doing some Any% runs for fun. I have now gotten a sub 50 time, which I'm pretty happy about. I posted it and got it verified on speedrun.com. You can check my speedrun out here.


2 Guys 1 Controller:

I referenced 2 Guys 1 Controller, but it wasn't until a couple days later that I realized that I should 100% add in a paragraph about that as it definitely counts as a Celeste Accomplishment. 

I have, with Ben, beaten Celeste with me holding the left half of the controller and him on the right half of the controller. When I say 'beaten' I mean chapters 1-7 A-sides. We also did Chapter 1 B-Side. Since then we've recorded some levels (and have plans to finish) and have posted them as youtube videos. You can check out the playlist here.

No comments:

Post a Comment