Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Writing about Writing

I’ve thought about writing (well, I guess typing, which in the context of this blog post actually makes a slight difference) about this subject for a while and am now getting around to it. Looked at my ideas for my next blog post and decided that this was my best option since I should let the ideas (with the exception of one) age a little bit longer (saying that makes me want to play Viticulture). The other ideas mainly dealing with lists and favorites and such. Think it’s best if I let my opinions fully formulate before talking about them.
Anyway, the topic of today, other than random stuff that I’m probably going to interject randomly, is how much I enjoy typing/writing. Specifically, blog posts. There is kind of this ‘hump’ of effort I have to get over, but once I do and I start writing my blog post it is really enjoyable. (The ‘hump’ of effort being, I actually have to start the blog post, kind of annoying when I have/want to do other things. (kind of like starting a board game you know will take a certain amount of time, and you aren’t sure if you have time so you keep putting it off until you actually don’t have time (because it’s the end of the day (the analogy made sense in my head (I guess it’s kind of hard to put some thought process down on paper))))). But writing my blog post is only part of it. I think it’s the typing that I really like. I have pretty good Words per Minute (whenever I take a test, I normally get between 60-70 wpm), so it feels really good having my fingers bounce off the keys and such. The way the Chromebook and our computer keys sound when pressed is really nice too. Gives a satisfying noise. Makes me want to type really fast. But it’s also about creating something. Revising it. Making it your own. Double checking it for grammatical errors--of which I’m sure I still make a few--and then posting something I’m decently proud and happy with. Also, I’ve never really thought about it since it never comes up during school conversations or whatever, but I like the idea of being able to tell someone that I have a blog that I put onto (decently) regularly to. (Depends on your definition of ‘decently’, I guess.) But it also has this strange feeling attached to it. The fact that someone, other than my family and a couple other people, could just look up my blog and get access to everything I have written. Someone could read the entirety of this blog and figure out part of who I am, without me even knowing it. Kind of like someone reading your journal (although not as personal (although personal in a different way (it’s like a journal that I’m okay with people reading. I post things here that I would never write into a journal, there would be no need (partially because I have this blog, but I think you get the idea, maybe))). Of course, the interesting thing is that basically none of this applies to a school assigned paper (I think the only thing applying is the fact that I still get to type). Don’t know what makes the big difference between the two. Maybe has to deal with how, with a blog post, I chose to make it, I chose the topic, and I chose to publish it. With a school paper, I kind of just go off what they give me. No gigantic creativity leaps that I have to make. Even when I’m not assigned a specific topic, I still feel limited. I can’t literally write about whatever I want. Guess that’s why I call this blog that. Because here I have the freedom of writing whatever I want.
Anyway, that’s the blog post this week, might/probably will come next week with another one. Might be the other blog post that doesn’t involve listing things, so I can let those things sit around a little while more. Maybe. Might be a list post instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment