Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Monday, December 14, 2020

My Own

I wish I had spent more of my time writing. Having thoughts on paper in a shareable format is really nice.


Of course, sometimes it's a struggle to have words come out the way we desire them to or they can't seem to do justice to what you want to say.

I think that's part of the joy, though. Wrestling with the complex thoughts in our head, trying to puzzle your way through the use of words.

Granted, at other times it's what can make writing terribly frustrating. When nothing you write seems to say what you want it to and you have very little time to mill through it again.


But, it makes it all the more satisfying when you finally do find what feel like the words that, in a way, were needing to be written. 

And, perhaps, even much more satisfying is when the words do seem to flow naturally. And what you do want to say align so flawlessly with the words appearing on the screen in front of you.

It's a beautiful thing, eh?

I could write much more about this, I'm sure. In fact, I already have in a blog post I wrote previously to this that will most likely remain unpublished until after my misson.


There is a God. One who loves us. We have a Savior. The Church and gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. Russell M. Nelson is a prophet of God.
I have a strong belief in these things. Individually of everyone else, now. I love how I can now recognize that my testimony has become my own. Strengthened by others, of course. 
But my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment