Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Friday, January 1, 2021

2020: My Year in Review

2020.

I'm sure I've written this plenty of other places by now, so it's possible you've already heard this from me. But I thought it would be good to have it here as well.

2020 has been a year full of trials, tribulations, deaths, fears, confusion, hopelessness, pain, destruction, unrest among many other things. 

It's been one where I have experienced many trials. I am, after all, on a mission. I don't think it's possible to go through a mission without trials. It's been a year where my testimony has been attacked and tried. One with lots of heartache. One with many moments of frustration and confusion. One with many tears shed. One full of uncomfortable situations. One with moments of dispair.

And yet I will always look back on 2020 with fondness.

2020 for me is what missionaries (some, at least. I'm pretty sure it's not very common anymore. We heard the term from some other Elders in our district who heard it from an old guy who served his mission many many years ago) call my 'dark year'. This is the year on your mission where the entirety of it is spent on your mission.

The entirety of the year 2020 I have spent on my mission. What a blessing that has been.

I will always look back on this year as one where I drew closer to my Savior. One where my testimony has deepened in ways I thought not possible. One where I have seen miracles. One where I have had the beautiful blessing of helping people make and keep sacred covenants. One where I have grown closer to the Spirit and have become attentive to promptings. One where I have met some incredible people who I cherish.
One where I have learned more fully who I am and who I want to become. One where I have developed many of my gifts and talents. One where I have seen many parts of my Patriarchal Blessing come to light. One full of laughter. One full of joy. One full of growth. One where I have seen many things that are not mere coincidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment