Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Monday, February 22, 2021

James's Comment

James is this awesome 9-year old from one of my favorite member families ever. He read the Book of Mormon with his dad when he was 7. His testimony of its truthfulness grew and he decided to be baptized when he was 8.

Watch out for this kid while playing board games! He's got a few tricks up his sleeve; he's no joke in the game of Secret Hitler. One P. Day when we were playing Secret Hitler with him, his mom, and his dad, James made a comment that caught my attention.

We frequently taught one of our friends who was not a member at their household. James often joined in for the conversations. That friend of ours decided to make covenants with God. They were baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

While playing a game with James, he said something to the effect of, "I think it's really cool what you guys did. You got someone who wasn't coming to church at all and helped them come to church to the point where they were even baptized!"

I overlooked the comment at first and simpled agreed with him. But the more I thought about it, the more cool it became. The thought of getting people who don't come to church to go and eventually be baptized is such a common thought amongst missionaries. It's what we try to help people do every single day.

And because of that, it's become so normal. You forgot how wonderful that thought truly is. Because it is really cool. We are helping people change their lives. We are helping people draw closer to God and their Savior. We are helping people make covenants with their Father in Heaven. And we do it every single day.

James, you are oh so right. It is really really really cool what we had the chance to do. And what I have the chance to do for these two years of my life.

I LOVE being a full-time missionary. I've never been so consistently and resiliently happy in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment