Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Sunday, February 26, 2023

My Fascination with Rock, Paper, Scissors

So Rock, Paper, Scissors kind of fascinates me sometimes.

The game, when played back-to-back consecutively with time to think in-between, becomes this fascinating mind puzzle of thinking one step further than your opponent. When you win it somehow feels like you truly outthought your opponent. You bested them.

And yet, the funny thing is, it's still, all things considered, a lot of luck. And, if one person so chooses, can become a game of complete luck. They simply draw one of the three choices from a hat or such and such. The game is then 100% luck.

It's fascinating.

Is it luck? Is it pure skill?

And does it even matter? Because when played it somehow feels like pure skill. And that makes it awesome.

I think. I don't know, it's kind of weird, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment