Saturday, November 18, 2023

I Text Quite Unlike Anyone Else I Know

I know part of this blog definitely serves as a journal of some form, but I've already written a lot about everything going on in my life in personal documents, so I'm choosing not to write about them here. If you'd like to inquire further, feel free to reach out to me.


I text quite unlike anyone else I know. And I quite like how I text.


I'm sure many of my text mannerisms also come out in my blog posts. Prime example is, of course, my parenthesis within parenthesis. Now-a-days I rarely go over 3 within each other, with 3 being pretty rare itself. I feel like I still do 2 parenthesis within each other fairly often, though. Back in the day, I would use absurd amounts of parenthesis within parenthesis and it was fantastic.


Another common thing I've found myself doing in texts is using the words 'like' and 'uh' (and 'um', but the other two more frequently) in ways as if I'm talking. If I need a pause but also need to describe what something is like, I'll chuck in a ', like,' in my text. I suppose the commas are unnecessary, but they add in a pause that I like. I feel like using like in this manner is not uncommon.

I chunk in an 'uh' when I'm unsure about something and a nice little pause would be good.

Describing the specific circumstances on when I do certain things is harder than expected.


I also feel like I commonly write books for texts. Writing in-depth texts describing whatever I'm describing is pretty common for me. Especially in regards to my feelings, I write quite a bit.


I feel like I'm missing some things, but that's all that's coming to mind right this second, so I'm just going to call this post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment