Thursday, June 29, 2017

Kind of Lucid dream and three other things (I remember them this time)

Sorry to bother you with more music stuff, and don't worry, you'll get more of it next week. Hope you don't get sick of it. You should only have to hold on one more week, and then you'll have a nice break from it. I'm putting the 'three other things' first with the lucid dream thing after to give you something other than music between.

1. This is more of what I think the new logo will be. In this one, the blue is actually in the position I think it will be. The only difference will be that the white lines and circle will be black. (and obviously the background won't be trees and whatever. It will just by the symbol part)
2. Half Alive (don't know how to put a dot in the middle) is really good. They only have three songs out right now, so go check them out. They remind one of twenty one pilots, which is a good thing (obviously). Some people are concerned the Clique (The Clique is what super twenty one pilots fans call themselves (I lowkey call myself a Clique member (in fact, I know I know enough to be fully considered one), but sometimes I don't want to be associated with them)) will backlash due to their similarities between Half Alive and twenty one pilots (there are many similarities, not just in the music style), but overall the response from the Clique seems good, which is good. (They would, allegedly, get backlash because it would seem like they are just trying to copy twenty one pilots. Thought I would clear that up in case you were confused)

3. I recently "took a step back", so to speak, and I've realized how good of an album Vessel is. Seriously, it has Ode to Sleep, Trees, Migraine, Fake You Out, Guns for Hands, Car Radio, and Holding on to You?! I hold all those songs in basically the highest regard. Semi-Automatic, Screen, The Run and Go are also very solid. House of Gold is beautiful (even though... meh, I'll explain next post), and Truce is spot on. The album is just really, really good. 


So, the thing that was supposed to be the main topic of my post before the three things took more space than I thought they would, was about a dream I had recently. It was weird because during the dream in several occasions myself mentioned how he was in a dream. Yet, consciously, I didn't know. I had no control over my actions, and me, myself, didn't realize it was a dream until I woke up. Yet the character the quote on quote portrayed me knew he was in a dream. It was as if he ('I' could also be used here, but, as I mentioned, I didn't have any form of control over this character. Therefore, I'm going to act as if he is a different person than I even if he acted and looked like I did) was breaking the fourth wall.

For example, at one point he noticed how one of my friends was much shorter than he actually was in real life. He thought/said out loud how he should tell that person in real life that he is portrayed as decently short in my dreams. Then, for a second, I guess he forgot he was in a dream because he turned to the friend and was about to tell him that he was short(er) in dreams than in real life. He stopped himself before he said anything, and reminded himself that he was in a dream.
Later, he saw one of my (and I guess his, since we are technically the same person) old teachers. He's like "Hey! I know you!", you know, that sorta thing. Then he's like, "Wait, why am I talking to you, I'm in a dream."

I don't know, it was weird. Especially since, even though the character that is me seemed to know that he was in a dream, I had no knowledge of it, and no control over what was happening whatsoever.

Excited to be more consistent about these blog posts! Have a lot of ideas, and a lot of time that I want to do something that makes me feel productive. Only a six day space? Not even a full week? I know, crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment