Thursday, July 6, 2017

twenty one pilots list

More music related (specifically twenty one pilots) blog posts. Yay! Just what you always wanted, I'm sure.
Replacing the Brandon Sanderson characters list with this one. I'll still keep the characters list in some form some where, just not on my blog. I'll tell you if any changes happen to it. Since it changes so infrequently, it's the first list to get replaced. And the one I'm replacing it with is going to be changing very frequently. I could have organized it more, but I decided to just publish it as is and do some (decently) major updates while it's live.
Anyway, as you can tell from the title and the new list off to the side, this list ranks every single song by twenty one pilots. If you remember back one year ago I ranked all their songs. But those were in gigantic categories. I think I said the next time I would make one, I would mostly get rid of those and have 2-5 songs per category. Well, I got rid of them entirely. Somehow. They are now individually ranked. As I stated before, I have a feeling that this list will shift around quite a bit, and will never have a true ending in any form. With a new album coming out sometime, as I talked about in my previous post, the list will need a large shakeup at that point. I am soooo pumped for that album, you have little idea (I've tried to stop using the phrase 'no idea' since it is rarely true, so you'll have to deal with that for now).
I'm looking at the list right now and I can already see things that I want to shift around.
As you may notice, (if you noticed, you might have just forgotten the existence of the album (even if I mentioned it recently) no No Phun Intended songs are on the list. I find the songs incredibly difficult to rank for some weird reason, so I left them off the list.

Ok, now time to talk about random things about where I ranked certain things, since I do that with all the other lists:

Trees is the top. Migraine is next. Doubt is weirdly third? I love that song a lot, but it probably should go down. Ode to Sleep was in my category 4 in my previous rankings (the lowest one, with each song in there having a specific reason to be in there), but has now jumped to spot #7.
Every time I look at Addict with a Pen I feel like it should go up, but then I look at its competition, and I don't know what to do.
Car Radio needs to go up. Badly. I'll do it later.
Let's look at the bottom:
House of Gold is at the bottom, even though it's a beautiful song. My reasoning: It just reminds me of a very specific terrible music video I made. It was so bad.
Love Stressed Out. Which is one thing I should point out. I love all these songs. The ones at the bottom aren't because I dislike them, it's just that all the other songs above it I love even more. Anyway, I was terrible at explaining my feelings for this song last time, so hopefully I'll do a better time this time. The idea is, if I/someone/a fan/a big fan hears someone listening to Stressed Out the first instinct to have is to think they aren't a big fan, and that they just know their most popular songs. (Not that there is anything wrong with someone only listening to only their most popular songs (you know, other than the fact that they're missing out on some great stuff), have to clarify that). So basically, I don't want someone misjudging me and automatically assuming I only know their most popular stuff. Because I know a LOT more. Hope that cleared up that message without seeming dumb. Ask me in person if you have any questions about it.
Granted, then the question is why aren't the other two most popular songs (Ride, and Heathens) down there? And I honestly have no idea. Should really change something about something about that. I mean, I do prefer Stressed Out over Ride, right? Idk.
Oh, yeah the other thing you might have noticed, yet I naturally assume you didn't:
I didn't split up the RAB and Vessel version of songs. They're often so similar (in basically every case except Lovely and Trees) that I felt there would be no use in putting them. Is the Vessel version of Ode to Sleep better than Friend, Please, but suddenly the RAB version of Ode to Sleep is worse? I have little idea. It would be difficult to distinguish between those things, so I just left it as a collective mass.
Ummmm.... what else?
Haven't added Lovely yet for no apparent reason. Not adding their covers or nonofficial stuff (ex. Coconut Sharks in the Water). I'm trying to say "songs by twenty one pilots" to avoid this weird apostrophe thing were I don't know whether it's "pilots's" or "pilots'".

Just a refresh on how I rank the albums, even though I mentioned it in the previous post: 1. Regional at Best 2. Vessel 3. Blurryface 4. Self-Titled

Side Note Thingy: Took a "step back" and looked at how good Vessel is, so now I'm going to do the same with Regional at Best. Because, with Vessel being so good, it seems difficult to have an album above it. But Regional at Best is also just that good. Seriously, it has Guns for Hands, Holding on to You, Ode to Sleep, Car Radio, Kitchen Sink, Anathema, Forest, and Glowing Eyes?! I hold all those songs in basically the highest regard. Be Concerned, Clear, Slowtown, and Ruby are also very solid. Trees is still good, even with it's weirdness. Lovely is the same way.
Even with slightly weaker forms of Guns for Hands, Holding on to You, Ode to Sleep, Car Radio, and (more than slightly weaker form of) Trees; Kitchen Sink, Anathema, Forest, and Glowing Eyes make up for that. Plus Ruby and Slowtown are probably 'more solid' than The Run and Go, Semi-Automatic, and Screen. Be Concerned and Clear are probably on par with those three (except maybe Semi-Automatic, I don't know. I suppose I could just look at my rankings, but whatev.)

That's about it, I guess. Listening to more Imagine Dragons as you could probably tell by the post a little while ago. Bastille is pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment