Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Rhythm of War (and what's next on the reading chopping block)

Welp, I finally finished Rhythm of War.

And boy o boy did I love it.

2nd favorite in the series, I think? I think I preferred Words of Radiance, but it's been so so long now since I've read that that I could be embezzling just how good it was in my mind. I can say pretty confidently that I preferred Rhythm of War over The Way of Kings and Oathbringer, though.

Current order:

1. Words of Radiance

2. Rhythm of War

3. The Way of Kings

4. Oathbringer


I am itching for more Stormlight Archive right now, but it'll be a little while yet until book 5.

So in the meantime, I have a few other things I intend to read.

I do need to prepare for Wax and Wayne Book 4, which I am so pumped for. Already preordered it. Only 6 more months! 

I'm planning on rereading the Mistborn trilogy and then the Wax and Wayne books to prepare, but I'm not sure when. I might read some of Brandon Sanderson's short stories first (such as Dreamer and Snapshot) that I haven't read yet in order to spice in some quicker reads amongst the heavier reads. Sometimes need a break between reading Stormlight and the entirety of Mistborn stuff. But maybe I will just dive straight into Mistborn. Currently undecided. Will probably end up making a decision tomorrow.


Also currently reading The Zookeeper's Secret for my Career and Self Discovery class, which has been a really good read so far. Definitely has some solid insights and has been proving useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment