Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Saturday, June 17, 2023

I've Lost Some Things Due To Email Wackness

So on a mission you have a missionary email. Roughly 3 months after getting home from your mission, the email terminates. Before this took place, I shared many things over google drive from my mission email to my normal email thinking that that would be enough to save it.

Turns out that after a while it deletes anyway. This has lead to the loss of many things that I created on my mission that I am now rather sad I no longer have.

This includes:

-- I made a Patriarchal Blessing doc where I wrote out tons of things about my patriarchal blessing. I organized it, broke it down by different topics, wrote it in first person, amongst other projects. Many of those I can reproduce, which I want to do.    

But other things I can't reproduce, at least not in its fullness. For example, when I left Winder (my 2nd area in my mission), I wrote down all the parts of my patriarchal blessing that I saw fulfilled during my time there, and the specific experiences connected to those things. I also wrote down different things Jerome has said about me that connected with different things in my blessing; him identifying various gifts I have etc.

I can try to recreate those, but I feel I'd be missing a lot, and I'm sad I no longer have access to the things I wrote.


-- Several videos. There are probably a couple more that I've lost that I'm just unaware of, but I know that I lost several of the videos my favorite missionaries made for me for my birthday. I love those videos; they made that day so wonderful, and continue to make me smile when I think about them.


-- Mission Lingo. Mission cultures are so funny and so interesting. I thought all the different and diverse lingo used was hilarious. So I started collecting it. I started writing down all the lingo I heard and what it mean. Starting compiling a little dictionary, and it was fantastic. And now it's gone.

I could try to recreate this as well, and I could probably get a lot of it down, but I know I wrote down a lot of random ones that were rarely used that I'm sure I've now forgotten completely about. It would be incredibly difficult to get it back to its former glory.


-- Also potentially all of my mission weekly emails I sent out?? I can't find them anywhere, even on my home account that I sent them to. Super big bummer

No comments:

Post a Comment