Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Monday, July 17, 2023

Some Things I Know, Others I Don't

    My family is incredibly important to me, and I know families are incredibly important in general. I've said this before, but I am in large part who I am because my family is who they are. I love my family, and I am forever changed because of their influences in my life.

    In my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), we have a document called "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". There are many sections in this document that I continue to struggle with even though I have great faith in Christ, His Restored Church, the Prophet Joseph Smith, and modern-day prophets. Even after studying it, I wrestle with many of its statements, and I want you (whoever 'you' are) to know that; my testimony is not perfect or all-knowing, and I do not claim to have all of the answers. I am simply a man trying his best.

    But I did want to testify of a couple things in The Family Proclamation that I find powerful and that I do believe in because I know family is important to a good world.

    One of the sentences states, "Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally." I really do believe that families can be together forever. Marriage need not be just "till death due you part". I am so grateful that I'll be able to see and spend time with my family that has passed on from this earth life.

    Another statement I wanted to bear witness of is this: "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

    I really believe that as a family strives to establish those principles in their homes, their family life will be stronger. Seek to become better, seek forgiveness from one another, respect one another, love one another, have compassion for one another, work together, and have fun together. These are such wonderful things. Faith in Christ, and sincere prayer will help you have these in your family, and they can richly bless any family.

    I know that Christ lives. I really, strongly believe that He is my Savior. I love Him. I hope I can be kind, and loving, and happy like He is. I know my family can help me do that. I hope all families help each other do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment