Sunday, December 31, 2023

Goals & Plans for 2024

So I've already written a post that will post on the 7th of January about a specific new years resolution (dealing with blogging), but I've been working a lot on all my goals and plans going into the next year, so I wanted to highlight them here.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, btw:)


I have a basic bread and butter work-out goal of simply doing a few minutes of push-ups/sit-ups before showering every day. Not meant to be too crazy or hard, but to keep me healthy and in the habit of doing some amount of exercise. Got the idea of doing just a few minutes of both from this post by Mark Rober.


I have a goal that involves reaching out to various people I haven't seen or contacted in a long time. I did this at the beginning of this year and found it valuable to let people know I was thinking of them/catch up with people a little. Want to start it up again this year and be more consistent with it. Shooting a text or phone call once a week is my current gameplan.


I have a reevaluation goal. In order to continue to help me progress and do/accomplish things I want to do/accomplish, I'm going to have a regular check-in every two weeks. See what progress I made, reset expectations etc. This is lowkey the most important of my goals. It will help me consistently improve myself a lot, I think.


2024 Campaign related goals. As of right this moment, I don't have much flushed out in terms of pacing for what I need to do, but I know I'll need to work on this consistently throughout the next 6 months.


I have other smaller projects I want to work on, and I'll plan those during my two-week evaluations.


One thing I'm really excited about this upcoming year is reading. I have a lot of books that I'm excited to read, so I've planned out a pretty extensive reading chopping block out for myself.

Throughout the year I'm going to relistening to books 2-4 of the Stormlight Archive to prepare for Wind and Truth (the 5th and final book of this era), which is coming out next December. This is quite the endeavor. They are long books, haha. If I spent 30 minutes listening to Words of Radiance each day, it would take me 3 months to finish. And the books only get longer from there. I'll be spending a lot of time walking to and from classes, so I definitely plan on utilizing that time for this purpose.

I'm currently reading the novellas in the Cytoverse so I can read Defiant which I got for Christmas (thanks parents!). My family will be doing a book club over the year, 6 books for the year, which I'm excited for. I got several self-help books for Christmas that I want to read. Also want to read/reread some other things including Warbreaker, The Emperor's Soul, Long Chills & Case Dough, Senet magazine (thanks Andrew!), so I have a lot I want to consume. I'm excited. Obviously my progress in this department can be seen on my list on the far left.


It's going to be a great year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment