Sunday, January 7, 2024

Potential Blogging New Years Resolution

I think it would be cool to post every week for an entire year. 52 posts in total. 

Granted, I've already had more than 52 posts in three separate years. Also, granted, Eric has already achieved well well over this feat as well: 8 out of the 12 years he's been posting on his blog have over 52 posts with 6/12 having around 300 posts or more and one year (2017) him even achieving the feat of 1 post per day for a total of 365 posts.

But there's something nice to just the flat number of 52. 48 is also a nice number since it's flat 4 per month, which is appealing to me. I also know I have a lot of things I want to write, and this is a good way of getting me to actually write them.


Couple problems with this idea:

1. Although I like the idea of consistency, I also enjoy the freedom I give myself. I write when I want to. I write when I feel it would be helpful in some way. If I don't think it would be, then why would I? I also want to be able to post on a random day if I want to. What if it's simply a special day of the year that doesn't land on a Sunday? Am I not allowed to post?

2. I, if I'm being honest, want my blog posts to be read (specifically by my family). And I'm afraid if I post that frequently many more will go unread.


So I don't know. What do I want to do?

I guess I'll figure it out as I go? I think I'll just start and if I want to switch it up, I'll do so. Not sure if that makes for a very good new years resolution, haha, but I think I'm just allowing myself the flexibility to recognize in the future if I actually think the new years resolution is improving me/my life at all or if it's not.

Regardless, I know I want to keep writing my thoughts and various other things and posting them here:) I hope you'll join me for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment