Sunday, September 29, 2024

My Staple Anime Recommendation

If I'm recommending an anime, which anime to recommend is simple to me now. It's Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. And I think it will be that way for a very very long time.

I think Frieren is a masterpiece. But not only a masterpiece, a lovable masterpiece that I have no qualms* recommending to literally everybody. It has great animation with a clean looking art style that wouldn't deter anyone**. There is next to no nudity/other sexual stuff***. It is just a fun adventure with great characters, and incredible world-building. It's genres are, perhaps, the most universal liked and easy-to-get-into genres: fantasy, action/adventure, and drama, making it extremely approachable. It's just so good. For everyone.

Yes, obviously if I knew the individual whom I'm recommending an anime to better, I might recommend them something more tailored to them; there are several anime I love more than this one, but that's because they fit me more perfectly. I'm not saying this will become your favorite anime. I am saying that I am extremely confident that you will enjoy this anime and won't regret watching it. And that applies to practically everyone. 

Go watch it. You won't regret it. It's just good stuff. It's simply a high quality way to spend some entertainment time.







*Okay, one qualm. There is a particular scene that is disturbing enough/overall the action and violence is probably a bit much for children. But besides that. Zero qualms. Okay plus one more: It's not done yet. So I guess two qualms. If someone really wants the anime to be done already, then I guess they'll have to wait to watch this incredible show.

**Unless you just hate animation as an art style in general. Not sure what to do with that opinion other than say you're missing out on so much goodness.

***If you want to know the most inappropriate things regarding this, here are very minor spoilers of the only two things I remember that would fall under this category. When I say they're the most inappropriate things in this category, I also mean they are the only two things in this category that I can remember. (Note: I, ofc, could have missed some): 1. A could floats by, and a character comments that it looks like a women with big boobs. 2. A spell that can look through clothes is used on a man. The user of the spell thinks 'small'. Nothing is shown, the frame is just of the man, no see-through image or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment