Sunday, April 2, 2017

Newest Board Game list

Finally getting around to this blogpost, should have done this awhile ago. Writing this in A.P. English. Currently, we’re supposed to be ‘being productive’ with the obvious choice being to read our book assignment. I consider this being decently productive, so I don’t really feel guilty. (forgot to post it until today, however)

Anyway, talking about random parts of the list. Caverna came up as #1, which was interesting. I didn’t expect it to be that when I started playing it, but it is reeeeaaaalllly gooood. I still have yet to play with more than two players, but it is still this good. I really want to play with more, though, so I know what it’s like.

Seafall was fantastic. It didn’t automatically jump to number one like Pandemic: Legacy did when we finished that for a couple reasons. The main being the rules were confusing. We had so many misunderstandings. Ripping up cards we shouldn’t have (and then later realizing that we were actually correct in ripping it up in the first place), enmity being kinda confusing etc.

I added Codenames: Pictures because we are currently in position of it (and still kept Kingsburg up even though we’re not).

7 Wonders: Duel continues to drop for no apparent reason.

Ashes still holds a strong position even though I rarely play it. The community and meta and such keep me engaged, however. New expansions have been (kind of) revealed with previews starting up sometime.

Hearthstone is pretty high up there. I don’t play it as much as I want, but I do watch a lot of it on youtube, soooo…

Fresco, I feel, could be up with Alhambra and them, but with no real group to play it with (I should try and get the Jamiesons to play it sometime) and not liking the two player variant that much leaves it in an unfortunate position.

Almost forgot to mention Viticulture, which barely missed the position for number 1. My first impressions of all the games told me that it would, eventually, reign king, but Caverna stepped in as being super crazy awesome.

The past few times I’ve forgotten to add pictures of how much ripped up stuff Seafall and Pandemic: Legacy created, but here they are for your viewing pleasure:
 Except for the fact that I can't seem to find the Pandemic stuff. Eric, if you happen to know where it is, or have it, send it to me please.

Anyway, this blog post took a shorter amount of time to write than expected.
Changing the list so it goes by 5s instead of 1s to make it easier to update it.

2 comments:

  1. We have got to start playing games again. Only one game made it to our scoreboard for the entire month of March and only 3 are listed for February! If Dad liked the games we did it would probably be different. I reaaly like 7 of your top 15. One of my favorites, Kingsburg, is the last one your list. ~mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked all three SD cards I've got here and none of them go back to November '15. The SD cards at home?

    ReplyDelete