Thursday, September 28, 2017

These titles are just becoming more unoriginal

(Aka, I don't know what to title things sometimes)

I should be working on my book report right now, but I felt like writing a blog post, so that's what I'm doing. I was going to make a blog post tomorrow after I presented my book report, but meh.

Reread (most) of The Way of Kings. It was better the second time through, probably. It might have helped that I skipped some of the less important, more boring parts. I wanted to reread both books before Oathbringer comes out. Gave myself roughly two months to read the 2000 pages, so I figured I should skip some parts to make sure I finished on time. I didn't expect to have the urge to just keep reading. I ignored my homework for a weekend and a few days and basically just read most of the time. Finished way quicker than I had planned for. I'm actually forcing myself to wait a little while for my schedule to clear up before I start the 2nd book. It's incredibly difficult. I'll probably start tonight after I'm happy with my book report.

Birthday's coming up on the 10th. Don't really have anything planned, I'll probably just hang out with friends. Nothing too fancy. Turning 17, which I think is a good age because it's not like people are like "you're an adult", and with 16 they're like "Aw, so young". It's the nice sweet spot.

General Conference this weekend! I'm excited.

Tennis season is wrapping up. We just played our last official season game today. We have team regionals next week, and individuals the week after. We're going in as the number 3 seed, so we're facing South Tahoe. Last time we faced them we did well and the score was 7-11. There were two or three other close matches as well. We just have to play just as well, and win a couple more of those close calls. Plus Sam should be able to play (even though he hasn't yet, which is super annoying (now that I think about it there may or may not be a rule about having to participate during the season to play in team regionals, so maybe he won't be able to, which would really suck, so let's not think about that)), so hopefully he'll push us over the top and upset South Tahoe. It would be the first time the boy's tennis team has ever beat South Tahoe, and the first time ever going to State. It's within reach, and I want it.
Aaaahhhhhhh, book report

No comments:

Post a Comment