Monday, December 4, 2017

Anthem

Ok, so tomato with an e at the end looks super weird now. I don't know what I was talking about last blog post. Tomato is totally fine, if not better.

So, I'm lazy right now and don't want to actually get started on my book report paper that's due on Friday. Well, at least not get any thing constructed down. As in, I'm just going to talk about the random things that will eventually need to be in the paper. It won't be super comprehensive/necessarily super useful for my paper, but I will come back to it when writing my paper.

Ok, first I'm actually going to talk about the book itself. It's super good. I already know it's going up on my remade favorite list. I've read it multiple times and have annotated the entire thing for English last year. Read it. It's super short, only 100 pages, so it won't even take that long at all. I won't really spoiler anything specific in this post, but talk about more broad things. You should be fine reading this if you haven't read the book. Although, you probably won't be very excited about any of it. You might not be excited about any of it anyway.

That's all still confusing, I think. Simple Idea: I'm brainstorming while at the same time just talking about a book that I love.
Ok, I have to analyze the triangle of rhetoricalness.
Genre: Sci-Fi, I suppose. But Sci-Fi typically has future stuff in it, so Idk. Is Medieval a genre? That feels like a dumb question, since I'm 90% sure the answer is obviously yes, but for some reason I'm doubting myself.
So I guess the genre is Medieval? (EDIT 12/5/17: I know this genre is wrong now)
Purpose: To Inform
Specifically about what Communism can do to everything.
Audience: Young Adults and Adults.
Basically anyone with enough knowledge that will allow the purpose of this book to come across.

Now I'm suppose to expand upon the triangle. Lame. I won't bother to do that here.

Did the book move me/what was the emotional response?
Idk. It gets me excited about Communism. Even though that makes no sense. Ok, excited isn't the correct word because it has a positive connotation to it. It gets me energized about Communism. And life in general. In neither a good or a bad way.
I feel like questioning my emotional responses is not the best of ideas. I feel as though they are not typical.
It makes me value my individuality? But also makes me value non-individuality? I have no idea.
One thing it definitely makes me value, though, is love. They took away love in the world. That is flippin' crazy.
It also makes me value the word 'I'. Like, not even what it stands for necessarily (aka, finally knowing the word that separates you from everyone else. Being your own person), but more the use of the word itself. How am I suppose to know if you're talking about just you or you and other people if you keep using we? I can't. And it's annoying. Especially while reading. I just had to guess in many scenarios on whether Equality 7-2521 was talking about just himself, or him and other peoples.

Did I rethink/change actions?
These questions come from two of my friend's notes since I was gone for tennis while Ms. Fairbanks was explaining them, so I'll have to clarify what this means exactly.
Has this book changed my actions in life? Is that what it's asking?
In which case, idk. Not really any fundamental changes in my outlook or anything. The only thing I can really think of is the fact that in my head while thinking stuff, I use a quotation from the book. "And yet... And yet..." I say that in my head quite a bit. And that came from this book. So, I guess that it has changed my life? In that small part at least. I remember reading that and being like, "I should totally use that" And then one day discovered that I actually did start using it. It was pretty cool.

Did I relate to the book or to any characters?
Idk, probably. Nothing really super specific that I can think of. I'll probably just bluff my way through this part of the paper and talk about how "I too know how it fells to be out of control and feel lack of individuality and that all my choices have been made for me" or something something. Which is not necessarily false, but I'll probably make it seem like more than what it was. And then, of course, I connect it back to the book and Equality's struggles etc.

Explain the Author/Talk about them
There's a whole section in the front of the book where the author talks about her self, and her inspiration etc. So I'll just use that to talk about her. I'll probably look some stuff up too.

Would I recommend it? Why or why not?
Yes. Because it's awesome.

That was terribly sloppy and not well written whatsoever and probably pretty boring. But I don't feel like changing it/looking over it again, so I apologize, you'll have to deal with what it is. I apologize again for this terribleness. It might not even be that bad, Idk. Or maybe the content is good but the way I laid it out wasn't? Idk, I'm just going to stop thinking about it all and just post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment