Saturday, December 16, 2017

Grammar + Christmas Feeling/Meaning/Whatever




















Clarification: I say I'm good at English, and I believe that I am, but I don't really care about a lot of the grammar on this blog. You will find a lot of mistakes and whatever; deal with it. In graded papers or whatever, I use better grammar, but here I break rules for the sake of making it feel better/sound better/be more awesome/work out better/whatever. 

Perfect example is this quote from my previous blog post: "But-- random excerpt here that isn't really an excerpt because it's still totally related to the main topic but I don't know that's basically what an excerpt is in the first place so I don't really know what I'm talking about here so I'm just going to continue with the rest of this sentence-- like, all I've ever known as a career option is teaching."


Notice how the entirety of the 'take away' or whatever you want to call it (the part that is in between the dashes) is completely void of commas and such, even though there should be many and it's probably a even with those commas included. I just made it that way that way it would feel like I'm talking super swiftly and rambily. Like how I would actually say it in real life, idk. 


And I don't care that I used sporadically incorrectly. Seemed like the right use to me, so that's what I did. Turns out that sporadically means more like "randomly at irregular intervals" Which would mean that by now I would have many-a-Switches.

The word I was looking for was spontaneously. But I don't really care and I'm not going to switch (no pun intended) it.

Mostly because I'm far too lazy to actually change something like that (so instead I'm writing several paragraphs about how I don't feel like changing it/why I'm not changing it 'cause that makes sense (Well, it actually does make some amount of sense because it serves more that just that purpose. This way I get to talk about not caring about grammar and then bring up the specific example of the use of 'sporadically'))


Anyway, that was suppose to be just a random side note that I would talk about, but it turned into a large portion of the blog post. That seems to happen a lot. I just have a random thing to talk about in the beginning and then it turns into something that probably could have made its own post, but whatever.


I'm suppose to talk about what Christmas means to me? That's what I remember, at least. I feel like there was some other portion to this blog post topic, but I forgot. Lo siento. 


I guess the first thing I think of is family. Christmas brings forth this way more than Thanksgiving does. There are several reasons for that. 1. Christmas Break is significantly long, first of all. 2. We get games to play on Christmas day, which, obviously, means lots and lots of game playing. Thanksgiving has a lot of sitting and eating around, but Christmas isn't revolved around a meal. We can play a lot more games. And because of this there are so many memories associated with the season. 


One prevalent one that was made recently was SeaFall. Seriously, that was such a good time. Staying up hours into the morning play two or three games in a row. Waking up early the next morning to play another one. It was wonderful. I wish I could do it all over again. But Legacy Games be Legacy Games.


Traditions. Our family has a lot of traditions we do over this season. The most prevalent one is Pickles, but we have so many others. Specific meal on Christmas Eve. Lighting a candle on I forget which day. Hanukkah candles. Which we didn't light this year :( Giving each other stocking stuffers. Wearing the Santa Hat while opening gifts. Putting up the star on Christmas Eve. Making Gingerbread houses. I'm probably forgetting a couple others. I love them all.


There's Times New Roman, guys! Apparently. I changed the font of this post to Times New Roman because I like it. I have no idea if I'll continue to do that, but this post, at least, is in the font. I'll see how it looks.I feel like there is some other portion to the topic that I could talk about, but I can't think of what it is/would be, so idk.


And apparently it's just Times and not Times New Roman and that makes me sad.
Blogger is messing with everything, so have fun looking at its craziness. I have no idea what's going on, so.

No comments:

Post a Comment