Friday, December 1, 2017

Pineapples and Piccolos

Three day weekend this week *party confetti emoji* (looked it up, is called the "party popper emoji")

So. Pineapples and Piccolos. They're pretty cool. I'm going to talk about them, I guess.
First off, Pineapples are, like, one of the best looking fruits. It's so awesome. I'm pretty sure it's the best looking fruit. Other than maybe some random ones I've never heard of.
Just look at it:

(First picture in forever *party popper emoji*)


Pineapples got their name due to their resemblance to pine cones. Which totally makes sense. And then the people who named them were probably like, "Ay, we can't just name them pine cones, obviously. So let's add something to the end. Like... apples. They're both sweet, I guess." And thus the pineapple was born (was given an official name, at least). But it's still kind of weird because if that basically purely what it was based off of, they could have become pinebananas or a pineoranges or a pinemangoes or a pinepeaches or a pineplums or a pinepears. So many options.

They taste good, so that's another cool thing about them.
Don't put them on pizza unless your taste buds enjoy that type of thing, though (mine don't).

But Thomas's POV on the topic doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Because at one point he decided he just didn't like warm fruits because he's not a fan of pies or cobblers (he's crazy, I know). But then he likes pineapple on pizza?? That doesn't make much sense.

Still on the topic of pineapple on pizza: It's fine if your taste buds are different than mine, of course. In fact, I don't think they're that bad (just pretty bad); I would just much prefer the pizza if they weren't on there. But the idea behind them still wigs me out. Fruit on pizza? (Counter point to that one argument that may or may not be in your head: Yes, tomatoes are considered a fruit (so therefore, the tomatoe (am I the only one that puts an 'e' after tomatoe? Because it says it's spelt incorrectly (along with 'spelt'. Come on United Statesians (and others who spell things different than I (which could just be Americans (Americans here is not referring to just the United Statesians), idk)), get with the program (except now that I look at the spelling of tomatoe again, it looks a little weird with the e, so idk))) would be the fruit on the pizza), but they are used as vegetables in cooking, so that doesn't apply.) (I have a feeling that my parenthesis system gets really confusing sometimes, since I often get confused while making a complex one, but I think figuring them out is part of the fun, so.) Wouldn't it seem weird to put peaches or plums or pears on a pizza? I'm not saying they would taste bad, I'm just saying that the idea behind it is a little weird.

Anyway. Piccolos.

Piccolos are chill. They're apparently half sized flutes (most info comes from Wikipedia, btw (the best source for getting good sources, but not for actually getting information (but I got info from it anyway))).

The name itself is awesome. Comes from the latter half of an Italian phrase/words/thingies that means "small flute".

Debunking myths is one of my favorite things to do (ex. believe it or not your blood is not blue inside your veins, and you can not see the super duper skinny Wall of China from the moon, and the sky is not blue because of the ocean nor the other way around), so, "It is a myth that one of the earliest pieces to use the piccolo was Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, premiered in December 1808. Although neither Joseph Haydn nor Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart used it in their symphonies, some of their contemporaries did, including Franz Anton Hoffmeister, Franz Xaver Süssmayr and Michael Haydn. Also, Mozart used the piccolo in his opera Idomeneo. Opera orchestras in Paris sometimes included small transverse flutes at the octave as early as 1735 as existing scores by Jean-Philippe Rameau show." (from Wikipedia, of course)

What about both together:

Idk.

Typed in "Pineapples and Piccolos" into google, and this was one of the images:

But other than that clear correspondence between both Pineapples and Piccolos, and its magically made beautiful relationship between the two, nothing really came up. (That was sarcasm. (Never really sure how well my sarcasm comes out in writing, so sometimes I feel the need to clarify.))

That was fun to write about *party popper emoji* (three in one blog post, that's pretty good)

(Oh! And happy B-Day to my sister and Tyler Joseph! They share a birthday, which is super awesome)

2 comments: