Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Future

The Future. The Unknown. The Subject That I'm Going to Talk About Today.
I don't know why I felt the need to capitalize the entirety of that. But, yeah, I'm just going to talk about it and see what comes out. I'm not really sure what will. Just going to ramble, but different because I'm half filtering myself and stuff. AKA, I'm not writing everything that pops into my head, but it will all be random stuff, idk.

What do I not want to do/do I want to do with my life? Specifically talking about career choices and such.
(The answer is, obviously: I don't know)

I don't want to do anything with Video Production. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem appealing to me. Cool. I figured one thing out.

I (probably) don't want to major in English, but may want to do something that deals with English? (I'll talk a little more about that later ((referring to the editor/writer section that happens in a sec)))

Do I want to not major in math? Math just seems so clearly the obvious choice. What else would I do? It just feels already laid out for me. But is it what I want to do?
(The answer is, obviously: I don't know)

I want to edit? Write? I love correcting and going over stuff. Seriously. Just send me all your papers. All of you. Just send them to me. I'll look over them. Correct grammar. Try to fix stuff. Both content wise and otherwise. (Assuming I have time; I can't promise everything)

Like, Eric, if you ever do take off as a writer (which I think you totally have the potential to be, but you should also make sure to get some form of a steady otherwise job with your current major, and then see if you can become a writer from there. Find a job and then build up your writing career after that. Just my two cents; it's your life), then I will go through all the things. I would go through your current work faster, but I'm really limited on time right now. It'll open back up after Christmas, hopefully. (I say it's limited as I write a totally optional blog post ('cause that makes sense))

I had a reputation in English class last year for just being brutal in my correcting. I loved it when people would come up to me being like, "My paper is terrible. I really need a good grade, though. I heard you're brutal. Please help." And I'm good at it. (Even though I did terrible on the English part of the ACT (terrible for me), which made no sense. I did fine on the Reading part, though. But, man, I better get a better score on that part when I retake it. I don't know why I wouldn't. I'm actually kind of convinced that it was a fluke and that next time it will increase by a large amount of points. Idk.)

I also love writing essays. Sitting down and just researching and writing a good paper is appealing to me. Most of the essays (I say most because I feel like there was one I didn't like? But I don't really remember, so, could've been all) I wrote last year in AP English were really enjoyable. Research Paper on Super String Theory. That was fun. Persuasive Paper on why we shouldn't legalize marijuana. That was fun.
Ah, I remember now; it was the Personal Narrative paper that I didn't enjoy. Yeah, I don't like those. Which sucks because we have one coming up in my Honors English III class.
But with the ones I did enjoy, they involved learning about something. I got to research stuff that I wanted to, and it was great. Randomly researching Pineapples and Piccolos was a similar concept, and that was fun. I got to learn about something that I had a desire to learn about.
Book report papers can be really enjoyable as well. Digging into a book that I love and writing about it has been fulfilling these past couple of days.
Creating something that I'm proud of and feels well written is rewarding. It's one of the reasons making blog posts is so great. When I just feel good about what I'm putting out there. It's amazing.

Could I ever make that into a job? Maybe some form of side job? What would that even require?

One of my obvious options is just become a math professor/teacher. Teachers, obviously, do not make the most amount of money, but it can be enough to have a nice lifestyle. Proven by, like, a majority of the families I know. Including my own, of course.
It seems like a decent option. Of course, in this post I won't come anywhere close to a conclusion on anything, but it's nice to lay things out there.

But-- random excerpt here that isn't really an excerpt because it's still totally related to the main topic but I don't know that's basically what an excerpt is in the first place so I don't really know what I'm talking about here so I'm just going to continue with the rest of this sentence-- like, all I've ever known as a career option is teaching. There are jobs other than teaching, farming, and (I don't know, what's the third most common career that's in my life?) ¿lawyers? (I know a few, so I guess that makes it the third most common? Idk.) Apparently. Still not sure what they are though.
(Or. Or. A businessman. Which is something that's always appealed to me for no apparent reason. But. Idk.)

This isn't even talking about colleges, which I'm completely going to skip. Talking about colleges increases my heart rate and I start freaking out, so this is the only mention you're getting of them.


Section on what I want to do with my life that is completely unrelated to schooling and career? I don't know, that question kind of makes it feel like a goals section, which isn't really what I was going for; I just wanted to mention a couple things.

Travel? I've never had the desire to travel at all until I met people who have and do (both want to travel and do travel). But now I do? One thing I know I would want to do if I ever traveled anywhere in the world is visit as many temples as possible. My sister went to Utah a little while ago and visited many temples and I was a little jealous. That sounds soooo cool.
Just. Like. Go to all of them. As many as possible. It'd be the best.

Ok, that's really the only lifestylic thing that I was thinking of, so I guess the following are more like goals or whatever, but it's not a list of all the goals or whatever, just a couple things that I was thinking of:

Live close to family. Hopefully.

Meet famous people that I'm fans of (or at least meet them in greeting). Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. Brandon Sanderson. John Green. Hank Green. A couple of my favorite youtubers. (How is youtubers not a word yet? Weird. (btw, referring to other people when saying 'a couple of my favorite youtubers' not re-referencing John and Hank))

I don't know why those were the two random things that popped into my head to mention, but I don't feel like referencing any others, so.

I guess that's my post about The Future? There are several sub-topics in there that I'm sure I could talk about in other blog posts if I feel like it, but I did not here. I feel like I could talk about so much more, but I feel good about the post, so I'm leaving you with this quite lengthy installment of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment