Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Monday, September 9, 2019

Which Ferring ability? pt.3 Hybrid Metals

Cadmium (breath): So the main usage for this is to go underwater and not have to breath. But I don't like water anyway, so you'll be hard-pressed to find me in a situation that I would use this ability. Maybe it would allow me to like water/swimming more, which would be nice. So that's a small benefit to think about.
Verdict: Might allow me to enjoy playing in water? But meh.

Gold (health): So storing this kind of sucks. And I rarely get injured enough to make it worth it. But, in the random case that I do break a bone etc., it would be quite a nice thing to have. I'm not sure how well this one will rank, but we'll see.
Verdict: Storing sucks, and tapping is rarely necessary.

Electrum (determination): I could definitely see this being useful for situations where I really need to get an assignment of some form done, but I don't want to. I would probably store it when I'm doing an activity that doesn't require the most determination to do. Such as reading. There's probably some other scenarios as well that I can't think of. But, on paper, storing and tapping determination isn't all that appealing, and there's not much to talk about.
Verdict: I don't know *shrugging shoulder emoji*

Bendalloy (nutrition): Note: You can store both food and water in two different metalminds.
So, this is Andrew's choice of being a ferring. He referenced this fact several years ago when we were Christmas Caroling. It was going to be a cool mini-surprise that I still remembered, but then he commented on the other day's post, so there goes that surprise. Regardless, I also still remember part of his reasoning. You go into an all-you-can-eat buffet and you just save up calories and water for a week. You only have to eat, like, once a week (or less or more depending on how you're feeling). I've also thought about the fact that you could do those super food challenges and get tons of stored up calories plus a prize or two.
It would also be useful on my mission (see an update on that on my mom's blog) when people serve me far too much food (which doesn't always happen, but I've definitely heard stories).

The one thing putting me off from being too enthralled by this is I don't really know the ethics of eating that much food at an all-you-can-eat. I would feel like I was stealing if I ate too much. But, at the same time, I wouldn't feel bad if I ate, let's say, two days worth? Which still substantially decreases food costs (hopefully, at least).

One nice thing about this power is you can eat whatever, whenever, and it's only benefiting you. At an activity that offers drinks and treats? Totally partake and then just store the calories for later. Point being: Even if you don't use the power to eat vast amounts of food at an all-you-can-eat, it's still super useful to store up calories by eating random things at random places. You always go for seconds (or thirds) when they're offered. You save time later by not needing to eat.
Verdict: Super useful, but I can't get the best value out of it without feeling bad for taking a lot of their food.

Rankings:
1. Bendalloy           Clearly has good and useful uses. Save tons on money. Don't have to worry about a diet (maybe you do? I'm not sure exactly how it works).
2. Gold                   Healing a broken bone would be nice. Definitely more useful than the other two.
3. Cadmium             It would be nice if I felt comfortable swimming/playing in water. It's not a fantastic benefit, but it would be a nice small perk to life.
4. Electrum            I'm not determined enough to figure out a way to explain why this is at the bottom, which might signify that this power might be more useful than I give it credit for. I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment