Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Tommy's Words

Near the end of my mission, literally the last week if I remember correctly, I was in the Institute Building for the University of Utah. I was serving in part of the Young Single Adult stake that covered the University of Utah.

As my companion and I were talking to people, I got in a conversation with Tommy. Tommy knew that I was finishing up my mission. He asked me how my mission was. I bore my simple, fervent testimony of how my mission changed me. And, although there were many, many struggles, it was such a precious time for me.

We went our separate ways for the next hour or so as the activity went forward.

Near the end of our time there, Tommy pulled me aside. Unbeknownst to me when I was telling him about my mission, Tommy, it turns out, has been pondering whether he should serve a mission or not.

He thanked me for the things I said to him earlier and told me, "You may be going home from your mission, but know you helped me go on mine."

Tommy's words caused my heart to be filled. 

My heart continues to be filled as I think back on how I was able to impact him in such a profound way.

We impact so many more people than we realize. I'm blessed that I was made aware to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment