Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Movie Reviews and What I Like in Movies (the basics, at least) (NYLT)




Next day (now with a blue pen!): I think it would be tons of fun if I started reviewing different movies. We watched Apollo 13 last night, which was pretty good. It's amazing how well they pulled it off and made it exciting even though we already know the ending. But I suppose it's useful/good that it's based off a true story/we knew the ending. If you don't know what happened before you watched the movie, the ending would have (probably) been super predictable. Knowing the ending beforehand is (probably) better than having a super predictable ending.
I suppose it being based off a true story makes the movie as a whole. Part of the excitement comes from the fact that it happened and how amazing it is that they survived. You're not watching to know the story (which reminds me of Infinity War and I want to talk about it sometime in the future). You're watching to see the story. You already know the story, you're just watching it to see it in a more detailed exciting cinematic experience.
I guess I'll just talk about Infinity War right now since it's super integrated into this idea in my head. Why did I watch Infinity War? To know what happens. I did not, necessarily, watch it to go watch a good movie. I almost purely watched it to figure out what happens. How it happened didn't matter nearly as much to me. I could expand this topic in several different ways right now and hopefully I can get to them all eventually [how Apollo 13 is the exact opposite; what I care about in a movie now and in the future; expand about Marvel not being that good which ties into (what I care about in a movie); more about Infinity War vs. other Marvel movies; what specific movies I'll watch in the theater/why I don't like movie theaters (I believe I have talked about this in the past)]
7
While Apollo 13 was the exact opposite. I watched it for how the movie makers made it happen, not what happens. This is one reason I think that Infinity War will be ranked solidly on many people Marvel's list, but won't be quite the top. Later, that is. I still think the craziness and impact of it is still too fresh on our minds, which biases the data. The movie experience of Infinity War was just. plain. crazy. But that was the movie experience. In the future, because of the 'what-happensness' instead of the 'how-it-happeness' will cause people, when picking a Marvel movie to watch, to often not pick Infinity War but instead to pick a different Marvel movie as just a solid movie to watch. I'm not sure if what I'm trying to get across makes sense, but it makes sense in my head.
I have more things to talk about regarding movies, but I feel like moving on for now. I'm not sure as to what, but.

No comments:

Post a Comment