Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Saturday, May 18, 2019

On the Purpose of Posts

So I'm still, like, thoroughly confused on the purpose of my posts. It is whatever I want. But I'm clearly writing so other people can read it. But what other people? Who's my audience here? What's the purpose of the post I'm about to write? It's for myself, but it's also for others. Without the others does it lose all of its purpose? And if it does, then is it worth writing down? It's similar to a journal, but not quite. A journal meant to be shared with others, at least in my blog's case. It's weird.

It's confusing to the point that I don't know how to fully describe its confusingness. Which is probably common among confusing things, but it applies here. I'll keep talking about it and maybe I'll get somewhere, though.

I don't know why I write posts ever. What's the base desire? I think it might deal with the thrill of sharing something that could be considered personal with whomever.
But, like, I don't really care about the whomever. I care about specific people reading this. I don't care if random people I don't know read this. It's mildly cool, but that's not at all why I post.

Then why don't I just individually message those people? Because this is simultaneously more and less personal than a personal message? I guess it might just deal with the fact that's it's an alternate way to put thoughts into words. It's not necessarily worse or better than other methods of telling people things; it's just different. And that difference has different strengths and weaknesses than the other forms of communication.
And with different strengths and weaknesses, I guess that means it what I said about it not necessarily being worse or better is wrong. Depending on the scenario, making a blog post is better. That's why they are made. If it wasn't better, then the only reason to make a blog post versus something else is to simply have a blog post. Which isn't the worst of all reasons, but is a pretty lackluster reason.

Note: I'm only referring to myself here. I think other people have completely different legitimate reasons to make blog posts that are completely different than mine and totally make sense for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment