Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Monday, August 13, 2018

My Own Rap (WIP)

So I've been thinking about making my own rap or something recently. I've always wanted to make music, but I find that I'm horrible at creating original content. I always slip into other tunes. But a rap would be different for a couple reasons. 1. I've only heard twenty one pilots raps, which means I don't have as many ideas to block my way from being original, if that makes any sense whatsoever. 2. The songs beat and flow would spawn off of the lyrics. That means all I would have to do is come up with original lyrics (which I can do) in order to create an original beat/flow.

I kind of really like the idea.

And one thing I've always loved about raps (well, ever since I started liking raps) is the amount of content I would get to talk about. It reminds me of an AJR lyric. From Three-Thirty,
"If I ever started rapping
They’d be laughing, they won’t believe me
But I got so much I wanna say so
I’m thinkin’ rappers, they got it easy"
I would get to say so much in a short period of time. And it can be whatever I want it to be about. And that makes me excited.

Granted, any of my starting material would probably be trash, but that's the same with anything. But in this case it wouldn't really matter. It would only be for me and my close friends/family. The message would be the important part. The beat and the fact that it's a rap is only a cover-up, in a way, to allow me to say things I wouldn't be able to say in other circumstances. Tyler Joseph talks about this sometimes. One of the reasons why he makes music is that he can talk about things in a song that he wouldn't be comfortable talking about in other scenarios. So genuine lyrics is what I would be aiming for, which I think is achievable.

Plus, I know, like, I'm not bad at rapping. I've got Migraine, Forest, and Message Man (plus many others, but those are the harder ones that are worth mentioning) all down. I really want to learn Levitate, but that might be a while before I get the chance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment