Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Scout Camp Report Pt. 1 (since I sadly apparently never reported on it)

Skills is, like, tomorrow (well, today, since I'm posting this tomorrow). Still have yet to start packing. Well, I guess that's not entirely true because I started to pack by first washing my clothes (they're still washing). I also went to the Jamieson's to pick up the Switch, so that could also be considered as packing. We always bring the Switch on trips when we're staying at a hotel because it might have good enough wifi/NAT type to run Splatoon 2. If it does, I may or may not be playing for a while after curfew when everybody is required to be in their beds.
Because of Skills there probably won't be a post until we get back. But maybe I'll make one while I'm there just because. We'll see.
I'll make sure to post about what happened etc. afterwards (¿afterward? Idk).

Speaking of reporting on stuff, I never reported on my second year at scout camp. I think. I'm pretty sure. Wait, now that I think about it I feel like I totally did. I'll go look.
 Reporting back: I don't think I did. Which kind of stinks because my first report on camp was a high quality post. It's been too long to duplicate that; I've forgotten too many details.

But, major parts:

I won the cussing Seneca Run!! Yeet! It was fantastic, and since that was (probably) my last year going, I'm super glad. I stuck all three tomahawks (10 points).
I ran over and started the fire within the time (10 points).
I ran up the hill, followed proper procedures, but missed the target at the black powder (5 points).
Ran to the other side of the hill to archery. I had actually practiced a recurve bow this year, so instead of whiffing like I did in the previous year, I got a solid 7 points.
I ran to the capture the flag area and quickly got across (9 points).
I went to the water area. Earlier in the day, I failed my swim test (because I can't do stupid front stroke, only back stroke, but for the test you have to do 3 things of front stroke and only 1 thing of back stroke. If it had been 3 things of back stroke and 1 thing of front, I would have been able to do it), so I could only do procedure parts for a max of 8 points. The other two points came from actually crossing the river using the correct stroke. I helped a kid get his boat into the water, though, so the lady (I've sadly forgotten her name, but she was chill) gave me an extra point for that. (So, 9 points in total).
I ran all the way around the lake (since I couldn't cross it in the boat) and all the way to the finish line. I had the fourth or fifth rock, I think? And I was the first to finish. That means I passed everyone in front of me up, which felt pretty good. I got one point for every person I beat, and I think there were 10 people this year. So, 10 more points.

I got 60 points in total (out of 70). Yeah, boiii. Sad story of the day (but also happy story because it's super cool that we both won, #go2ndWard), Nathaniel, who was staff that year and competed in the staff competition, won his competition (well, tied for first) with a total of 62 points. He beat me by 2 points and it was sad. I wish I had just hit that target for the extra 5 points, so I could've beat him out. But we both won! And that is super cool!

We both got the necklace thing that I might randomly put up a picture of later. Mine was originally Diego's. He was hoping to keep it, but due to the tie, he graciously gave up his to fulfill the extra. And he gave it to me. And that's super cool because he's super cool and I took two (I'm pretty sure two) of his classes, so we got to become chill and I'm a proud owner of his necklace thing.

That was longer than expected. So, I guess I'll type up the other major part as a separate post and schedule that for Wednesday to provide extra content while I'm gone because why not.

(And, ay! I'm 16 and a half on the day that I'm posting this. Happy half birthday to me (in fact, I might as well post this at the same minute that I was born. Happy half birthminute to me!))
(once again, I'm not bothering to read over what I have written. But mini-review thing: I like this post because it's about a subject that I like to talk about (aka, the Seneca Run) and I think it's exciting)

1 comment: