Monday, June 11, 2018

Ain't Been Posting Much

I haven't been-- urgh, this is weird, with the formatting not being the formatting I'm used to with my own blog-- a nice large Verdana. Look at that x-height! So this is, I'm not used to the default font here. It's fine though, we're all fine everybody's fine.

But I haven't been posting much anywhere lately, mostly for paranoia reasons regarding my computer crashing, and--

oh hi I'm Eric, this is a guest post. I suppose I should say that first off. Alex has been posting every day these past few, and I've been posting once every, what, few weeks? So it looks like our places have swapped; with Alex trying today to list every twenty one pilots song from memory, instead of blogging, he's asked me to post for him, and so I thought I'd take the opportunity to ~explain~ I guess, because what else would I post as a guest post on somebody else's blog when I'm barely posting on my own?

There was a Youth thing with President Nelson a week ago where they advised a challenge, which many took, to give up social media for 7 consecutive days, but even if I were a youth I wouldn't have had a problem with that. My problem is the opposite. My challenge is, or (if I were challenged as a challenge) would be, I should post on social media for seven consecutive days.

THE SEVEN PLACES I SHOULD POST BUT DON'T

  • I've got three blogs:
    • dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com
    • thingsthatdontevencomebackaround.blogspot.com
    • pretzelizemecapn.wordpress.com
  • Two instagram accounts
    • @e.c.perazzo
    • theprancingprinter
  • like a facebook presence I gueeesss
  • oh yeah that YouTube channel

The YouTube thing, well that's fun and complicated and hey I could post on my own blog 'bout that today about it, because I should post there today, and cycle on through on a seven-day, thing...

But we're leaving for scout camp on Saturday thereabouts, and I'm going to be without social media till we get back when that's over (not that I'm not used to that.) So I'm going to get as far as, my art IG account, before having to stop the cycle again. Not get to the YouTube thing, which is fine, and complicated.

Even if I post right when we get back, it would still have been longer between when I posted last and if I post now, than when I post now and when I post next. So.

WHY I'M NOT POSTING AND WHY MAYBE I SHOULD

~For some reason~ it's taken for granted that artists should "get their name out there" or whatever? And so the implication is that others' vice in using social media would be an artist's virtue. I'm like waaay bad at social media, and that'd be great if I'd been... actually, being bad at social media/publicizing is a bad thing no matter your occupation. I'm bad at advertising myself, outside of the social media thing; I've never been very good at even pricing my own work.

Also, like I made the promise to start making more visual art, so I could post it on my blog, and I haven't been doing that? Bad of me, bad of me. Although now that I've got a bedroom to myself again and can move my art supplies back in, it'll be easier to start making more arts. Although although, the reason I said to make those arts for my blog was so I could cross-post with Instagram, and this seven-day thing goes against that. Just, make a plan and stick to it?

WHAT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON INSTEAD

Mostly writing projects. I know I always say I'm getting close with this one or that one, but really we may actually see the creation of these within my lifetime. I'm close enough now to start worrying about production costs. Which. Why must everything be so expensive?

No comments:

Post a Comment