Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

I'm mildly disappointed in Nintendo's direct. They showed Smash, some Fire Emblem, and that's basically it.

But holy guacamole does Smash look awesome. All the characters. I'll get to play as Pichu. That's kind of crazy. And Young Link. And Snake. And Ridley? Ridley still looks super weird in the game to me, but I'll get used to it.
The gameplay in sped up a little compared to Smash 4, which I think is awesome. There is wavedashing, but it's not as strong as it was in Melee, which I think is great.
The more you dodge, the more and more vulnerable you'll be, which I think is a great way to make spam rolling not as effective.
Bayonetta still looks OP, which is no bueno. But I have faith they'll nerf her before the release.
The entire art aesthetic and the graphic design and the intuitiveness is freaking amazing.
I want the game now. It releases, sadly, later than most people thought (it's releasing in December compared to September/October being what most people thought). But you can expect me to have that day set aside to play Smash.

And our NAT type randomly jumped up to a B, which is awesome because now we can play Splatoon 2 online. Plus Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online, which I bought today (it's super great, btw). And Smash online, when the time comes.
I also bought a gamecube adapter that works with the Switch (it'll be arriving on Saturday (I bought this online. I bought Mario Kart in a store)), which means we'll get to play with nice gamecube controllers. And we'll finally have a full set of controllers (before we were surviving off the two Joycon and one wired controller).

No comments:

Post a Comment