Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Monday, June 18, 2018

Job, Eagle, Gamecube Controller Adapter

I hate making titles for these blog posts. You probably already knew that. They feel so bland. I need to find a cleverer way to make them.


I'm currently on a "as-needed" basis for my job, so I really need to find another one. I don't really care about amount of pay, just hours. I mean, it won't actually be that difficult to find a job. I just kind of have to do it. But I'm going of to the camp thing this week (well, I suppose I'm going to schedule this post, so I'm actually already at it), so I'm not currently looking. And I probably won't look for another week after that. I really want to focus on finishing Personal Management (which should only take a day or so) and finding/doing some paper work for a Eagle Scout Project.

Go Nathaniel!! Yes, he procrastinated a whole bunch, just like Thomas did, but it looks like he'll get his Eagle. His birthday is on the 26th of this month, I believe? I should know people's birthdays better.
I don't want to do it all at the last moment; I would really like to get it out before the summer's over. That's the goal. And it's easily obtainable if I put in a little work. Which is what I plan to do.


Off-topic: The gamecube controller adapter came in today (6/16/18)! It works great. I wish the cord was a little longer, but whatever. We now have 4 great controllers to use on the Switch, which means awesome games of Mario Kart. Plus two more if we use two of the more beat up gamecube controllers. The wavebirds, if still functional, will be nice since they're wireless. We'll still need two more controllers in the future if we ever want to play a full 8-player Smash on Smash Ultimate. But maybe Smash Ultimate will be 3DS compatible? Then we could just use our 2DS and 3DS as the other two controllers. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment