Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Loving vs Hating a Game

3 posts in one day? I don't see why not.

It's weird how this is the same day that the new twenty one pilots music came out. It feels like I've had it for a couple days now. My opinions on both songs continue to evolve. I think I like Jumpsuit more than Nico and The Niners, but I still don't like the ending. Everything else, though, I really like. It gets me going and my energy level up.

More twenty one pilots stuff wasn't the original intent for this post. Or for many upcoming posts either. But I'm sure you'll see small updates/tidbits like that a whole bunch in the upcoming while. I'm going to label them TOP Tidbits because I like the sound of that.


I finally decided to buy Scythe. I'm always super hesitant before a purchase, but now that I've spent the money, I'm super excited for it to arrive. I really wish I had bought it a few hours earlier than I did because that way it would come on Friday instead of its current ETA of Saturday.

It's weird how people can have such diverse opinions about games. I have read several reviews/comments about Scythe mentioning how they felt like it was incredibly boring and they wanted to fall asleep during it. I'm sure those are the same people who feel like Terra Mystica is bad and boring. And yet I find Terra Mystica exciting and thought-provoking and it grabs my attention. I'm sure I'll love Scythe; I just hope I have enough other people in my available group who will also really like it.

I think I heard this thought originally at The Dice Tower? Something like, "Think of your absolute favorite game. How many hours you've poured into it and all your memorable experiences. Think about your passion towards it.    Somebody else hates that game to its core. That can't even bear the thought of that game without being a little disgusted."
It's just amazingly weird how it works that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment