Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Friday, July 6, 2018

Nothing Yet, and Random Board Game Things

They didn't do anything in the middle of the night, which I am thankful for. I want to be awake whenever whatever happens. We just have to wait and see what and when that is.


I forgotten how much I loved Terra Mystica. We played it 3 times over the past two days and it's been great (and winning all three of those games is pretty great). I really do enjoy resource management, and Terra Mystica is our game with the most of it.
Terra Mystica is actually why I posted so late last night. Becky and I wanted to play, so we started a 11pm game and finished at 12:30am.
We're considering getting the expansion pack. I've always wanted it. I know I've talked in the past (especially around the time when Terra Mystica was my number 1 favorite game) about how I really wanted it. But the price has kept driving me off. I feel like I would rather invest 10-20 more dollars to get a brand new game instead of just an expansion. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what we do.
I am planning on talking about board game mechanics/the things I like/dislike in a game soon. Andrew would probably be the one most interested in that, so, yeah.

We played a couple dominion games as well. One semi-random set was pretty crazy and awesome. There were Hirelings and Artificers, so I went for that and it was great. I ended up winning that first game. We wanted to play the set again and this time I went for the Grand Markets and Conspirators. Sarah did it better than I, though, so I ended up losing that second game. She had 4 two province turns in a row. I had two province turns in a row. Becky was sitting in the corner doing her own thing with Distant Lands, but that didn't ultimately work out so well.
It was great.

I've been really enjoying card games again recently. Pinochle, when I want a luck-based team game. Hearts when I want a solid amount of strategy no team game. Rook when I want a solid amount of strategy team player game. And Spades when I want a decently large amount of strategy team-based game. They're all a lot of fun. Pinochle is still my least favorite simply because of how luck-based it is, but I can still enjoy it. Yahtzee is now my go to luck-based no team game.

No comments:

Post a Comment