Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Two New Games

Eric kindly explained the alternative means I was talking about in his post that you can check out.
I think it's super cool how we can have a conversation of sorts over our blogs (this is also referring to Andrew's blog). Being able to talk about the same subjects as each other and respond to what the others have posted. I think it's awesome.

Currently writing this in between games of Paladins because the loading/matchmaking time is kind of annoyingly long.


So, Eric got 2 new games in the mail from kickstarter that are pretty tight. Anansi is this cool trick taking game that I really enjoy. I have no real desire to play a game of pinochle; I would much rather play this. I'm not sure how long I'll try to avoid Pinochle over this, but this is definitely more enjoyable for me. And it's for 3-8 players, so getting exactly four people isn't a problem.

Temporal Odyssey is the other game. It's a battle-esque type game where your goal is to beat up your opponent. There are several different super cool elements going on that are kind of tough to explain. You draft cards out of the past/present/future to get you cool units and effects that also get you symbols. These symbols drastically increase the power of the starting spells you had. There seems to be a lot of variety and replay-ability with all of the different decks you can mix into the past/present/future and with all the different Travelers you can play as.

I still haven't posted all my writings from NYLT. I should do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment