Random quote that gives me strength when I read it

Random quote that gives me strength when I read it: “When you say, ‘I can’t! I can’t solve my problems!’ I want to thunder out, ‘Don’t you realize who you are? Haven’t you learned yet that you are a son or a daughter of Almighty God? Do you not know that there are powerful resources inherited from Him that you can call upon to give you steadiness and courage and great power?’” ~ President Boyd K. Packer

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Computer Problems, Waiting for Eric

I saw Eric's post and it's like, "Hey, no blogs have been updating" and I'm like, "Ay, yeah, that's my bad. The break was nice, but I did want to write some more posts". But, then wait... here's the twist... I try to get on the computer and it has the audacity to say, "Ay, we've got some updates for you." I just got super motivated to write several blog posts when it's almost midnight and you do this to me? The betrayal is real. So I'm writing this on my notes on my phone and I'll transcribe it later.

Scythe gets me abnormally invested. I care so much more about winning/losing that game than so many others. It pains me so much when I lose an important battle etc. This can be a good thing, a fantastic thing, even. But I also don't want to play it a whole bunch right now because of it. Playing so much in a row was rather emotionally draining, to be honest.

I'm excited to play it with you, though, Eric. And, yeah, I got Isle of Dogs. Some friends are actually coming over to watch it tomorrow and I'm excited. Which means I should probably head to bed. It looks like the computer doesn't want to cooperate with me tonight. I'm also excited to play Coup with you again.

I'm going to sleep now, so I might add on to this later or just post it as is, idk.



That was a couple days ago. The night that Eric originally posted his post. I didn't get around to posting it because I the computer isn't working. I decided to switch over to the new computer, so I can type it up and finally post it. Hopefully Eric will be able to fix the other computer once he gets back. It has Overwatch and such on it, so he'll need to do so before he gets to play it.

We have been playing a ridiculous amount of Pinochle. It's crazy.
Also, Eric, you said it would be nice to play video games again, but I'm kind of on a board game craze right now, so I'm forcing you to play board games with me a lot right when you get back home. Aka, you won't have much time to play video games.
Games to play when you get home (not all on the same day, and not in order):
Coup
Scythe
Pandemic Legacy: Season 2
Eldritch Horror
Dead of Winter with Thomas and Ben
Shadows over Camelot perhaps?
Summoner Wars
Alhambra
Small World
Oltre Mare
Kingdom Builder

Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment